Asbestos removal is an extremely complicated and hazardous process, and unless you use qualified and certified asbestos removal professionals, your and your family’s health will be at risk.
Below are some commonly asked questions about the process of quoting for asbestos removal.
Q: Can I get an asbestos removal quote over the phone?
Imagine calling a mechanic when your car broke down and asking him how much it would cost to fix over the phone? Because the first thing he’ll say is: ‘I can’t tell you how much it’ll cost until I take a look at what’s wrong!’.
Well that’s pretty much what it’s like in the asbestos removal business. Except in our industry, we come to you to review the problem rather than the other way around. Only when our licensed asbestos inspectors have reviewed your property can we give you an ACCURATE ASBESTOS REMOVAL QUOTE.
Q: Can you at least give an estimate of the asbestos removal cost over the phone?
However, please remember that until one of our trained asbestos removal technicians views your Sydney property, we are unable to lock down the actual finished cost.
No-Obligation Asbestos Removal Inspection Service
Booking an Asbestos Inspection is the ideal way to measure the exposure and potential danger present in your property, without breaking the bank. It offers piece of mind and allows you to decide the best way forward based on your individual budget and circumstance.
Q: Can’t I just remove the asbestos myself?
Asbestos is a highly dangerous substance, and you are required by law to have asbestos removed by accredited professionals. Unlike other parts of your home renovation, where a DIY approach is often an excellent cost-saving alternative, asbestos removal has to be done by licensed professionals.
There are two types of asbestos removal licences in New South Wales:
- Class A Asbestos Removal License – permitted to remove friable asbestos.
- Class B Asbestos Removal License – permitted to remove non-friable asbestos only.
Sydney City Asbestos hold both licenses.
Q: Where is Asbestos likely to be found in my home?
- Corrugated asbestos roof sheeting.
- Bathroom Internal Sheeting.
- Bonded Asbestos External Sheeting.
- Bonded Asbestos Internal Sheeting.
- Friable Asbestos Sheeting (ldb).
- Fencing – Post and bracket style, sheeting above ground.
- Fencing – Self supporting sheet style, bottom of sheet buried in ground.
- Vinyl Floor Tiles – non-asbestos adhesive.
- Vinyl Floor Tiles – asbestos adhesive.
- Sheet Vinyl with asbestos backing.
For piece-of-mind on the potential asbestos risks in your home or property, Call Sydney City Asbestos today on 0405 610 006. Because you can’t put a price on your family’s safety.